Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 29, 2017

Get Messy 2017 Creative Team Blog Hop

Hi, everyone! I've enjoyed being a part of the Get Messy creative team so much. As the year comes to an end and Get Messy Art Journal gets ready for a whole new team of Mess Makers in 2018, the current creative team decided to put together one last blog hop. This go round we each created a page inspired by one of our fellow creative team member's art.
So, today you can call me Sasha! Recently Sasha started a "Call Me" series where she creates art journal pages inspired by her favorite artists. I created this page based on her abstract painting style.

I am most inspired by Sasha's use of color. I always recognize her work by the bold swatches of color in the background, and the color combinations are so fresh. She is a true messy artist who's not afraid to play with paint, mix colors, and make marks. It's completely intuitive.



I also love how she uses black to balance the page and usually adds an inspiring quote to complete it. I've learned so much from Sasha as a member of the creative team this year. Besides creating beautiful art, she leaves the most sincere and thoughtful comments and is just as eager to learn from others as she is to share her own knowledge.

Be sure to follow #getmessysasha to see more of her work and visit her Instagram (@sasha_zeen) for the next stop in the hop!

8 comments:

  1. I love it! It's been so fun this last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules! Yes, so much fun. I've so enjoyed my time being on the creative team with you all!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful page you made in the gorgeous "Sasha" style!!!! It was wonderful learning from you this past year Ashley and your supportive comments and encouragement were always helpful and kind. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a vibrant Sasha-y page! Loved getting to know you and your beautiful work this year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I enjoyed all your tutorials this year and love your work.

      Delete
  4. Your Sasha page is so vibrant and happy!

    ReplyDelete